ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Living in the World
Global Warming

Things are “heating up” in the global warming world. Al Gore is testifying today in the House and Senate. In commenting on Gore’s pending testimony, Czech President Vaclav Klaus warned in a response to Congressmen Dennis Hastert and Joe Barton:

It becomes evident that while discussing climate we are not witnessing a clash of views about the environment, but a clash of views about human freedom. As someone who lived under communism for most of my life I feel obliged to say that the biggest threat to freedom, democracy, the market economy and prosperity at the beginning of the 21st century is not communism or its various softer variants. Communism was replaced by the threat of ambitious environmentalism.

For President Klaus, green is red. As I wrote some time ago there is far from consensus on this issue of global warming. In Klaus we see someone who wants to look at the logical consequences of a knee jerk reaction to questionable data. It is amazing that in a world where there is no over arching truth, global warming joins evolution, cigarette smoking and sex and gender matters as the dogmas that are acceptable to the western cultural elite. Thank God for the eastern Europeans who are not yet infected with the political correct hegemony that is unquestioned in the west.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home