ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Friday, March 07, 2008

The Church
Gospel…+ and –

Pastor Aaron Garber, whom Susan and I like to refer to as our son in the faith, has some interesting references to the Gospel on his site http://afterdarknesslight.com/blog/blogs He points us to the positive aspect of the Gospel in Packer’s introduction to the John Own classic The Death of Death in the Death of Christ. [The introduction is worth the price of the book!] He points us to the negative aspect through Piper’s comments on why the health, wealth and prosperity gospel in no gospel at all, but is rank idolatry. When we recognize the true gospel, we recognize the counterfeits, of which there are many. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home