ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Christian Thinking
Acts and Facts

To think Christianly is to think in terms of Revelation. For the secularist, God and theology are playthings of the mind. For Christians, God is real, and Christian theology describes His truth revealed to us. For the secular mind, religion is essentially a matter of theory: for the Christian mind, Christianity is a matter of acts and facts. The acts and facts that are the basis of our faith are recorded in the Bible. They have been interpreted and illuminated in the long history of the Church. The Christian mind is inescapably and unbrokenly conscious of the hard, factual quality of the Christian Faith…. For Christianity is so much more that an mere moral code, a recipe for virtue, a system of comfortable idealistic thought, it is also a religion of acts and facts

Harry Blamires, The Christian Mind, How Should a Christian Think? (Ann Arbor, Mi: Servant Books, 1963), p. 110-11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home