ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Celtic Proverbs
Life is a tricky plaything

And so we do as He wishes so that life will not undo us and death will bring not everlasting torment but everlasting joy. Many say that there is no more to it than that, that we don t believe n Him as much as we believe in our skins and that sympathetic magic is as alive and well in the Christian liturgy as it was in the caves at Lascaux. However that may be, there is still a price to pay and even the spiritually indolent will have to admit that to love Him with all of our hearts, to feel no rancor towards those who hate us and to accept humiliation, torture and death not for our own sake but for the sake of others, is, if and when the total is taken, an impressive price indeed.

R. Martin Helick, Travelers From an Ancient Land, Book XII, An Chros, (Regent Graphics: Swissvale, PA, 1993)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home