ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Celtic Proverbs
The Truth Stands When Everything Else Fails

It is when we have lost all confidence in ourselves and feel our world crashing about us that we turn to God. Or more exactly, we turn to whatever or whomever we conceive God to be, and if we have not been in the habit of thinking about Him, we can do little more than to cry out helplessly. It has been said that God looks kindly upon those who approach Him in this way. But alas, all too often the god who steps into the breach is not the God we are seeking but a demonic imposter and those who seem to be the most reverent and knowledgeful are those who will lead us further astray.

R. Martin Helick, Travelers From an Ancient Land, Book XII, An Chros, (Regent Graphics: Swissvale, PA, 1993)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home