ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Celtic Proverbs
A Large Hen Often Lays a Small Hen

There is an alarming similarity between a religious revival meeting and a political rally and a mob ready to go on a rampage: the same chants, the same unreasoning fervor, the same messianic promises, the same nervous camaraderie. The unspoken messages may differ but the unspoken does not: hail to the chief, hooray for our cause and woe to any who get in our way. It has been argued that this is how Jesus spoke to His multitudes and that we are no different than they. But then it must be asked who among them truly listened to what He said, much less took His words to heart, and where were they when a similar multitude chose between Barabas and Christ?

R. Martin Helick, Travelers From an Ancient Land, Book XII, An Chros, (Swissvale, PA: Regent Graphics, 1993).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home