ECD Pilgrim

I have lived my entire life near either side of the Eastern Continental Divide. And, I am a pilgrim on a road that is narrow and not easy that leads to the Celestial City of God. On my journey, I attempt to live and apply the Gospel in this world that is not my home. These are some of my observations from a Biblical and Reformed perspective.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Black and Gold Report
Not ready for the Big Dance

Stillers have played two pre-season games since the Hall of Fame Game. They have distinguished themselves in neither, on a loss to Green Bay the other a victory over Washington. The first team offense has done nothing. Against the Skins they had a drive at the end of the 1st half that ended in a FG. Their only points of that half. Then they sat. The 1st team defense allowed the Skins to convert 7 of 10 third downs! The vaunted defense could not get off the field against the heretofore powerless Redskins. The B&G made the Washington 11 look like SB contenders.
So, much is to be done before the Sept. 9 matchup with the hated Brownies. The O line has to be stabilized and the defense has to find a way to pressure the QB and defend the pass. Willie P. played in his first game last Sat. with 4 yds on 4 carries…not exactly all-Pro stats. There is much talk about the backfield issues…lots of good candidates, only a few spots. I am watching what they do with Thunder Dan Kreider. He is one of the last of a dying breed…fullback. The new O coordinator favors more tight ends and a single back set…not good for TDK. But, I cannot imagine having TDK in there on short yardage and goal line situations leading the back into the hole. It will be a sad day if and when #35 is no longer a Pittsburgh Steeler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home